- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr Oteng-Boateng is a specialist Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon trained in New Zealand and Australia. He completed his Bachelor of Dental Surgery (dental degree) with Honours at University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.
He worked full time as a dentist for four years before completing his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree at University of Auckland. This was followed by two years practicing as a medical doctor before moving to NSW and completing four years of Advanced Surgical Training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, being awarded the Fellowship in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery through the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons, FRACDS(OMS).
During this time, he simultaneously completed a Master of Surgery degree through University of Sydney. Dr Oteng-Boateng is also a consultant surgeon at Westmead Hospital, and an honorary senior clinical lecturer at University of Wollongong Medical School.
Dr Oteng-Boateng is extensively and comprehensively trained in and practices the full scope of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. Depending on your procedure and your preference, it can be performed under local anaesthesia (awake in the dental chair), nitrous oxide (laughing gas), intravenous sedation or general anaesthesia.
The range of services he provides include:
- Dental extractions
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Dental implants and bone grafting
- Orthognathic (corrective jaw) surgery
- Facial reconstructive surgery
- Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery
- Management of TMJ (Jaw joint) pain and dysfunction
- TMJ arthrocentesis and arthroscopy
- Management of oral cancer
- Management of oral pathology
- Release of tongue tie
- Oral medicine
- Salivary gland surgery
- Management of medically complex patients
- BDS , MBChB , MSurg , FRACDS (OMS)