Dr Greening is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with sub-specialist training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, based in the Illawarra region of New South Wales.
One of the most satisfying experiences for Dr Greening is being able to support patients during their entire fertility journey from conception (whether assisted or natural), throughout their pregnancy and then delivering a beautiful baby.
He understands that making decisions concerning labour and delivery of your baby is important to both you and your partner. His priority is the health of you and your baby during this special time in your life. He also has two lovely midwives as part of his obstetric team.
- Preconception counselling (incl fertility)
- Antenatal care
- High risk obstetric care
- Caesarean Sections
- Delivery (Wollongong Private & Public Hospitals)
- Postnatal care
- Midwife consultations and education
The area of fertility is fascinating and challenging and includes both the male and female reproductive disorders. He hopes you will appreciate his attention to detail, not only for your medical and surgical treatment, but in all aspects of your care.
- Fertility investigations for couples (incl same sex couples)
- Assisted reproductive technology (IVF))
- Female reproductive hormone disorders
- Miscarriage investigation and management
- Recurrent IVF failure
- Ovulation (follicular) tracking
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery - both diagnostic and advanced
- Microsurgery for tubal disease and tubal reversals (male and female)
- Sexual difficulties
General Gynaecology services:
- Assessment of pelvic pain
- Mirena IUCD (contraception & dysfunctional bleeding)
- Menstrual disorder management
- General gynaecological surgery
- PAP smears
- Female incontinence management & surgery
Dr Greening was born in New Zealand where he attended the University of Otago. His initial interest was in surgery, but then went on to complete his Obstetrics and Gynaecology training. Following this he had the chance to enter the subspecialty of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility where he took a position at the Human Assisted Reproduction Ireland (Dublin), then the Hammersmith IVF Unit (London) before being very fortunate to achieve the fellow position at GENEA (Sydney IVF) . In 2003 he obtained his Master’s in Bioethics (Monash) and in 2004 moved to Wollongong and set up his own private practice. While at GENEA he was instrumental in setting up the Miscarriage Investigation Program which is part of his practice to date. Having a keen interest in teaching, he enjoys assisting with the training of medical students at the Wollongong University as one of their senior lecturers. Then in 2015, he saw that IVF was economically out of reach of many Illawarra patients and that IVF Australia had a number of units around Australia which addressed this. The model is called The Fertility Centre (TFC) and he joined IVF Australia to bring this model to Wollongong and the wider Illawarra region.
He currently holds the position of Clinical Director of the Fertility Centre in Auburn St, Wollongong whilst still maintaining his private practice in Crown Street, Wollongong. He also works with IVF Australia for more complex fertility issues. All of which are now available through TFC since September 2018 as now TFC Wollongong is the first to offer all IVF services including donor egg/sperm, pre-implantation genetic testing and more.
- MB , ChB , DipObs , FRACGP , FRANZCOG