- General Surgery
Dr. Beshoy Farah is a staff specialist Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist at the Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital and a VMO at St George Hospital, Sydney.
He has a Bachelor degree of Medicine (Cairo University 2003), and a Master degree in General Medicine (Cairo University 2009). He was trained in a very busy advanced gastroenterology, hepatology and liver transplant center overseas.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) and is currently a member of the American College of Gastroenterology and GESA (Gastroenterological Society of Australia). He is a member of MDT Liver cancer meeting at St George Hospital.
Dr. Farah’s philosophy of care is patient-centered, which means listening and establishing trust, showing compassion, relieving anxieties, and answering any questions patients and their families may have.
Dr. Farah is a local gastroenterologist, hepatologist, interventional and therapeutic endoscopist with specific focus in the endoscopic diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal conditions. His practice strongly advocates for liver cancer, bowel cancer screening and other cancer screening programs, and offers fast-track options access for screening purposes to private or self-funding patients who meet specific health criteria.
Services that Dr. Farah provide:
- Management of chronic liver disease, viral hepatitis, complications of cirrhosis and liver cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis), microscopic colitis, IBS and bowel cancer screening
- GERD, Barrett’s oesophagus, Dysphagia, peptic ulcer disease and treatment of refractory H. pylori
- Assessment and management of GIT bleeding including positive FOBT and iron deficiency anaemia
- High quality diagnostic and interventional gastroscopies
- High quality diagnostic and interventional colonoscopies including polypectomy and EMR
- Other services include Fibroscan (non-invasive liver biopsy)
Dr. Farah has carried out many researches in colonic polyps, viral hepatitis, liver disease and is a sub-investigator in many trials for the new HCV treatment as well as clinical trials for hepatocellular carcinoma treatment.
Dr. Farah is currently consulting at Shellharbour Specialist Centre and is happy to see all gastroenterology and hepatology referrals.
- M.B, B.Ch; M.Sc; FRACP