- General Surgery
Dr Mario Malkoun is a General and Laparoscopic Surgeon and Endoscopist in the Illawarra. After growing up in Sydney, he completed his undergraduate medical science degree at Sydney University and gained his Honours degree through the Westmead Millennium Institute in human genetics using DNA Microarray, a new technology at the time. He undertook his graduate medical degree at the University of Queensland and graduated with an MBBS in 2004.
He returned to Wollongong for his junior medical years. Dr Malkoun subsequently began his surgical training where he completed terms around NSW in hospitals including St George Hospital, Coffs Harbour, Tweed Heads, Albury, Campbelltown and Wollongong. He later returned to Wollongong Hospital as a surgical fellow in Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery where he stayed for two years.
He now lives in Wollongong with his family and consults in Wollongong & Shellharbour. He operates regularly at Wollongong Private Hospital, Wollongong Day Surgery and Shellharbour Private Hospital and is happy to see all general surgical referrals.
• Consulting in all aspects of General Surgery
• Keyhole/Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery
• Keyhole/Laparoscopic & Open Hernia Surgery
• Endoscopy (Gastroscopy & Colonoscopy)
• Removal of polyps
• Management of haemorrhoids & other problems of the anus
• Skin Surgery - in rooms & theatre
• Skin cancers
• Malignant Lesions - including skin flaps & grafts
• Benign Lesions - sebaceous cysts, lipomas, skin tags & moles
• Toenail Surgery
• Lymph Node Biopsy
• Temporal Artery Biopsy
- BMedSci , MBBS , FRACS